From: “Brenda Lange”
Date: April 22, 2012 4:51:10 AM
Subject: blog, April 22, 2012
NEW BABY JOINS OUR FAMILY
A 6 week old girl, Ortencia Ramadane, was placed in our care on Wed. Her mother died when she was 14 days old due post partem complications. Her village area is far from the nearest bush clinic. Ortenica was left with her grandfather, who is the only living relative. He cared well for her, but knew she needed a permanent home as he would not live to see her grow up. So our little family keeps growing, and we Praise the Lord that this little one will grow up knowing Jesus loves her.
1. April and May are Baptism months, so all 11 bush churches are preparing the new converts for this big event.
2. Two new churches are being organized in the remote regions of Namara and Nacala. Both villages have 20–30 new believers and plan to build mud brick churches later this year.
3. Members of BUTLER FUMC of Butler, PA have sponsored a water well. I was just notified that the well drilling rig we use will be in our area this week.
We hope to locate this well in Nacacca, population 5000+.
This village only has one water well which can serve only 1,200 people if it’s pumped around the clock.
THANK YOU BUTLER FUMC for this precious gift of life!
CONSTRUCTION MOVES ON
1. This week, the dorm’s kitchen foundation was completed and bricks will “fly” this week as we start on the walls.
2. A simple carport roof was built for the NEW NISSAN UD 70 (7 ton) truck that Eric will pick up in Maputo by mid-May.
Waiting on final import and registration to be completed. This truck is an awesome gift of love from friends in Dallas, TX.
A 2nd truck will allow expansion into a 3rd county where the gospel has never been preached and the orphans are numerous.
3. On Monday, our carpentry team leaves for the Mango Tree Church where they will rebuild the food warehouse which was destroyed by the December, 2011 tornado that hit this area. This warehouse is a key player in our bean buying which starts in mid-May.
Love and Hugs,
Bush Bunny Brenda and the Balama gang!